THE FIRST TIME.
Municipal sewer repairs can drain budget resources, disrupt services and snarl traffic. Quick repairs and modifications are only valuable if your system has long-term integrity. FLEX-SEAL® ARC Shielded Adjustable Repair Couplings are the cost effective insurance policy to guarantee repairs.
- Inserting factory-made junctions to existing sewers
- Replacing short sections during pipeline repairs
- Adapting dissimilar pipe materials and sizes
- Joining pipe to manhole connections
- Joining short and cut lengths of pipe
RESISTS HEAVY EARTH LOADS
Superior load bearing control between coupling and pipe surface with .012″ thick 301 Series Stainless Steel shield.
KEEPS PIPES ALIGNED
Lock in pipe ends and prevent slippage with rubber sealing “O” rings under each Nut & Bolt clamp.
Easier to install than elastomeric PVC sleeves, rubber gaskets stay flexible — even in cold weather.
FLEX-SEAL® ARC Shielded Adjustable Repair Couplings
Engineered for superior performance, improved alignment and excellent resistance to heavy earth loads, shear forces, and deflection. Connects similar and dissimilar pipe materials and sizes. For non-pressure, gravity flow applications only.
Sizes 1½” to 27″
Custom, large diameter sizes available here.
300 Series Stainless Steel, Worm Drive (2)
Surgical Grade 316 Stainless Steel, Nut & Bolt (2 or 4)
Gasket: Molded, One-Piece Elastomeric Sealing Gasket
Shield: Heavy-Duty, 301 Series Stainless Steel (.012″ thick)
Increased band tension secures pipe ends, forming a watertight, root-proof seal, impervious to infiltration and exfiltration.
Sealing “O” Rings under each clamp prevent pipe end slippage for a reinforced joint seal.
Stainless steel components resist corrosion in marine applications, poorly aerated/moist soils, contaminated grounds conditions, (e.g. industrial fill sites) and chloride, sulfates or bicarbonates in ground water.
Thick shear band controls load bearing between coupling and pipe surface, opposing shear forces while maintaining pipe alignment.
Independent clamp tightening adapts to different outside pipe diameters.
Synthetic rubber gasket resists ultraviolet rays, ozone, fungus growth, natural soil erosive properties, and normal sewer gases.
Synthetic rubbers permit a substantial degree of distortion without change in basic physical resistance. More pliable and easier to install in cold weather applications than an elastomeric PVC gasket.
MISSIONMADE™ products are easy to install and and reuse.
Installs with a pre-set torque wrench calibrated: 60 in/lbs.
Seekonk Torque Wrench:
60 in/lbs. with .3125″ hex head screw
Corrosive environments, earth movement, infiltration and exfiltration occurs without detection of the implications below ground. In these situations, the use of unshielded sewer couplings result in a number of potential problems.
Unshielded sewer couplings allow pipe movement and displacement at the joint, due to heavy earth loads or shear forces under the following circumstances:
- Improper backfill or trench beddings
Causes: Contractor error and/or improper bedding material
- Soil Expansion or Contraction
Causes: Ground water conditions, flooding, temperature changes, earthquakes, settling soils, etc.
Causes: Public transit areas, highways, railroad tracks, airports, etc.
Pipe movement or displacement can cause:
- Misaligned, unsecured pipe ends pulling apart.
Result: Leakage at the joint, resulting in infiltration/exfiltration and root infestation
- A stepped profile in the sewer line.
Result: Flow obstruction and/or blockage
FLEX-SEAL® ARC Shielded Adjustable Repair Couplings maintain pipe alignment, despite compaction, improper backfill, or soil settling.
Technical DocumentationMission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Shielded Adjustable Repair Coupling Installation Guide
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR01 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL ARC Couplings MR02 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR03 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR04 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR06 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR51 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR55 SERIES Submittal
- Mission Rubber FLEX-SEAL® ARC Couplings MR56 SERIES Submittal
Environmental Stability of Rubber Couplings
- Elastomers: PVC vs. Rubber
- Toxicity of PVC
- Nut & Bolt Clamp vs. Worm Drive Clamp
- Environmental Stability of Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Comparison
- The International Nickel Company, Inc.
- Engineer Drawings: Rubber Sleeve/Shear Band/Nut & Bolt Clamp
- Municipalities Requiring the Use of Shielded Sewer Couplings
- City of Los Angeles, Green Book: Type “Z” Joints; Section 208-5