Our Footprint Is Green
Mission’s Environmentally Friendly Products
Only Green Couplings
MBDC (McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry, LLC) is a product and process design firm dedicated to revolutionizing the design of products and services worldwide. By means of a new design paradigm called Cradle to Cradle Design, and the implementation of eco-effective design principles, MBDC has introduced a fundamental conceptual shift away from the designing of products and systems based on the take-make-waste model of the last century in which products were dumped in landfills after fulfilling their initial intended purpose ('cradle to grave'). In 'cradle to cradle' cycles materials are perpetually circulated, maximizing material value without damaging ecosystems. Cradle to Cradle focuses on the characteristics of sustainable materials, products and systems.
What is Cradle to Cradle Certification?
Cradle to Cradle Certification is a comprehensive evaluation of the environmental impact of a product and the manufacturing process. The certification criteria:
- Using environmentally safe materials
- Design for material reutilization, such as recycling or composting
- Use of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Efficient use of water, and maximum water quality associated with water production
- Instituting strategies for social responsibility
Evaluation of the HeavyWeight No-Hub & Flex-Seal® Sewer Repair Couplings:
- All material components were identified down to the 100 ppm level and found to be safe
- Products contain about 47% (HW) and 22% (Flex) recycled content and are 100% recyclable
- Energy used to manufacture the product falls within the green energy (wind, solar, etc.) supplied to Mission by Southern California Edison
- Product manufacturing process is a totally closed system from a water flow perspective
- Mission Rubber has drafted and implemented corporate ethics and fair labor practices
Mission HeavyWeight & Flex-Seal® products have been certified as Cradle to Cradle Silver Products by MBDC. HeavyWeight & Flex-Seal® products have been evaluated for their human health, environmental health, lifecycle attributes, social responsibility, renewable energy, and water stewardship characteristics against stringent certification criteria and are considered ecologically intelligent products.
Mission Rubber Company LLC is committed to fulfilling its environmental responsibility, as it strives for true sustainability. In step with the closed loop of the cradle to cradle process, Mission Rubber will take back any used Mission Rubber couplings shipped to our Corona, California facility. Through our reclamation program, we look to ensure that all couplings that have fulfilled their intended purpose, are recycled instead of discarded into impacted landfills. For more information, please call our customer service department at (800) 854-9991.